14 replies to this topic

#1 Harmony Havoc

Harmony Havoc

Girls Love Metallica Best

• Cover Artists
  • 712 posts
  • Favorite Album:They all kick ass!

Posted 21 November 2005 - 03:47 AM

Just showing off. The background came out very cool looking: http://www.metcovera...Oaklahoma Havoc

Updated link as of 11/25
Posted Image

#2 frantik2k3

frantik2k3

The Freelancer

• Cover Artists
  • 582 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 04:42 AM

Nice cover! I love the little screenshots on the dollar bills on the front...nice touch :rolleyes: Very creative!

Did you ever make a stomp for that? Might want to make one in case that show ever becomes "common" within the trading world ;)

#3 Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

Hecho en Mexico

• Cover Artists
  • 226 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 04:21 PM

That is very nice Melodie. the skulls look sweet and I also loved the screenshots on the dollar bill. Nice one there :rolleyes:
DVD List | Trading Status: OFF

#4 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 09:38 PM

Very cool cover. ;) The skulls add a nice touch. The screenshots on the dollar bills is a great idea as well, although you really can't see what they are. :rolleyes: That would make a great idea for AJFA era 300 DPI artwork though.

#5 Harmony Havoc

Harmony Havoc

• Cover Artists
  • 712 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 12:55 AM

Very cool cover. ;) The skulls add a nice touch. The screenshots on the dollar bills is a great idea as well, although you really can't see what they are. :rolleyes: That would make a great idea for AJFA era 300 DPI artwork though.

Thanks guys. The original screenshots were so distorted that you could barely make them out to begin with and was thinking of a way to make distorted pictures work on the cover. Then I came up with the dollar bill thing. If they were clearer shots I would have made them more visible on the dollar bills. I had fun using the various transform edit tools (perspective, skew, etc) and the wave and the zigzag filters to make the dollar bills "move".

The background with the skulls was a result of playing with filters after having made so many by the tutorial backgrounds I took the techniques I learned and just played. I started off writing Metallica across the cover and just filtered it to death ending up with the kaleidoscope effect and thought, skulls would look good and then went to town. It took a while to make but it was fun experimenting and playing around.
Posted Image

#6 Harmony Havoc

Harmony Havoc

• Cover Artists
  • 712 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 06:55 AM

Nice cover! I love the little screenshots on the dollar bills on the front...nice touch :rolleyes: Very creative!

Did you ever make a stomp for that? Might want to make one in case that show ever becomes "common" within the trading world ;)

Thanks. Yeah I'll make a stomp. Was going to the other night but I was downloading and uploading shit and my computer was running to slow then I just got lazy!!! :)
Posted Image

#7 metallifreak27

metallifreak27
  • Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 06:32 AM

may aswell delete this cover man... turns out to be a fake, it is infact oklahoma :(

...no long beach 88 yet

#8 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 06:38 AM

You can edit it to be Oklahoma though. :rolleyes:

#9 Harmony Havoc

Harmony Havoc

• Cover Artists
  • 712 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 06:08 PM

You can edit it to be Oklahoma though. :rolleyes:

What are the dates on the Long Beach Show? Thanks.
Posted Image

#10 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 06:47 PM

You mean Oklahoma? :rolleyes:

30 November 1988
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA

0 user(s) are reading this topic